2. Julienne or slice carrot and cucumber. Trim and separate lettuce leaves.
3. Heat a large pan with oil over high heat. Add mince and cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon.
4. Chop onion and celery, grate ginger. Add to pan as you go. Stir in crushed garlic, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (see notes). Cook until softened and season with pepper.
5. Serve rice between bowls and top with mince and fresh ingredients (see notes). Sprinkle with crispy shallot and sesame mixture.
- Try adding 1 tsp sambal oelek (Asian chilli paste) alternatively sweet chilli sauce, fresh chilli or sriracha for a slight chilli kick.
- Serve with extra soy sauce and/or sweet chilli sauce to up the flavour.
- No beef option - beef mince is replaced with chicken mince.
Continental cucumber 1/2 *
Baby cos lettuce 1 *
Beef mince 600g
Red onion 1
Celery 2 sticks
Garlic 2 cloves
Fried shallots & sesame seeds 40g
* Ingredients also used in another recipe
FROM YOUR PANTRY:
Oil (sesame or other), pepper, soy sauce, sugar (brown)