2. Whisk stock paste, 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour, 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and 1 1/2 cups water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Peel and grate ginger. Slice spring onions and asian greens into 3cm pieces. Slice mushrooms. Set aside.
4. Heat frypan or wok over high heat. Coat beef strips with 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp Chinese five spice, salt and pepper. Cook (in batches if needed) for 1-2 minutes until browned. Remove and keep pan on heat.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Cook vegetables for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Add sauce and simmer until thickened. Take off heat and stir through beef, cashews and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide rice and basil beef among bowls.
We used sesame oil to cook this dish.
No beef option - beef strips are replaced with chicken stir-fry strips. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Stock concentrate, 1/2 jar *
Ginger, 20g *
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Asian greens, 1 bunch
Beef strips, 600g
Cashews, 1 packet (50g)
Basil, 1/2 packet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, Chinese five spice, hoisin sauce, cornflour