Coat pork with 2 tbsp of marinade and reserve remaining for sauce.
2. Place rice in a saucepan. Cover with x 1.5 amount of water. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Stand for 5 minutes, stir gently.
3. Thinly slice capsicum and red onion, trim and halve beans. Chop carrot and crush garlic. Drain pineapple, adding juice to the reserved marinade. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frypan or wok over high heat. Add and cook pork for 2-3 minutes then set aside on a plate. Keep wok over high heat, add more oil if needed.
5. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in remaining prepared vegetables. Stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes. Return pork to wok and stir in sauce. Cook until heated through.
6. Serve pork stir fry over rice and sprinkle with crispy shallots.
Trim and cut into 1cm thick strips, cook as per recipe.
No Pork option - replacement is beef rump steak.
basmati rice 300g
yellow capsicum 1
red onion 1
green beans 1 punnet (250g)
garlic 2 cloves
pineapple rings 225g
fried shallots 1 packet (40g)
bbq sauce 1/3 cup
soy sauce 2 tbsp
rice wine vinegar 2 tbsp
honey 1 tbsp
from your pantry: oil (for cooking)