2. Trim and cut spring onions (see notes) and beans into 3-4cm lengths. Slice capsicum and 2-3 peeled garlic cloves. Pick basil leaves (keep separate).
3. Heat a large pan with oil over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and just cooked through.
4. Add all prepared vegetables except basil and stir-fry for further 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
5. Stir in 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp water. Warm through, take off heat and add basil leaves.
6. Serve chicken stir-fry over rice and top with cashew nuts (crush if preferred, see notes).
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
Save some spring onion tops if you like for garnish (optional)
We used sesame oil for this dish but coconut or another neutral oil works fine too!
Serve with extra sweet chilli or chilli paste/flakes if you like an extra chilli hit!
Spring onions 1 bunch
Snake beans 200g
Red capsicum 1
(Thai) basil 1 packet
Chicken stir-fry strips 600g
Cashew nuts 1 packet (60g)
From your pantry:
oil for cooking (see notes), pepper, garlic (2-3 cloves), sweet chilli + soy sauce