Cut sweet potatoes into chips. Toss on a lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until golden.
2. Separate and rinse lettuce leaves. Halve tomatoes. Slice cucumber.
Whisk 1 tbsp red wine vinegar with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Whisk together saffron threads, 1/4 tsp sugar, 2 tsp corn flour, 2 tsp tomato paste and 1 cup water. Add to a frypan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Reduce to low heat and stir through 2 tbsp butter. Take off heat.
4. Heat second frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Season fish with salt and pepper. Cook skin side down for 4 minutes until crispy. Turn over and cook for further 3-4 minutes until cooked through
5. Toss vinegar dressing through salad. Divide sweet potatoes, salad and barramundi among plates. Spoon saffron sauce over fish and garnish with chopped parsley.
Gem lettuce 3 pack
Cherry tomatoes 1 bag (200g)
continental cucumber 1/2 *
Saffron threads 1 packet
Barramundi fillets 2 packets
Parsley 1/2 packet *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, corn flour, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, butter, sugar (of choice)
Pat the barramundi dry with a paper towel before cooking for extra crispy skin!
No fish option - barramundi fillets are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.