Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with hot water from the kettle. Simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan (see step 5).
2. Cook sausages in a heated large frypan with oil and cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, turning.
Slice and add onion, cook for further 5-7 minutes.
3. Slice carrots into rounds, trim and halve green beans. Place in a steamer basket on top of the potatoes for the last 5 minutes of cooking (see notes).
4. Remove sausages from pan (once cooked). Dice and add tomatoes, cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over 2 tbsp flour and pour in 2 cups water. Crumble in stock cube and season with 1/2 tbsp soy sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
5. Mash potatoes with 2 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup water or milk and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Halve sausages and return to gravy to warm through. Serve with potato mash and vegetables.
If you don’t have a steamer basket, simply prepare and blanch your vegetables for 3 minutes in boiling water instead.
Beef sausages 6-pk
Brown onion 1
Green beans 1 punnet
From your pantry:
oil + butter (for cooking), salt, pepper, flour (plain or other), stock cube (of choice), soy sauce, milk (optional)