2. Roughly chop onion, tomatoes and garlic. Peel and grate ginger. Slice lime leaves. Blend together with 1/4 cup oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes and 1 tsp turmeric using a stick mixer or processor.
3. Slice capsicum and cucumber. Set aside with bean shoots.
4. Heat a frypan over high heat. Toss beef with 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Cook beef for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Reduce pan to medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes, or until fragrant and cooked through. Remove from heat and return beef to pan. Stir to warm through.
6. Arrange even piles of rice, beef and fresh toppings on plates to serve.
Use either melted coconut oil or peanut oil for more flavour in the beef.
We used palm sugar for a more authentic flavour.
Red onion 1
garlic 2 cloves
Kaffir lime leaves 2 double
Red capsicum 1/2
continental cucumber 1/2
bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
Beef strips 600g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), sugar (of choice), ground turmeric, soy sauce (or tamari), chilli flakes