2. Slice fennel and grate zucchini, add to pan as you go. Stir in tomato sugo and 1/2 jar water (1 cup). Cook, semi-covered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is reduced. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Crumble feta (see notes) and toss together with sunflower sprouts, 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp vinegar.
4. Using the back of a spoon, make 6 indents into the sauce. Gently crack an egg into each one. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
5. Slice bread, and toast if desired.
6. Serve baked eggs with a side of sprouts and sliced bread at the table. Top with chopped chives.
After cracking in the eggs, sprinkle over feta and finish in the oven if you prefer!
No pork option - diced chorizo is replaced with 300g chicken mince. Increase spices to 2 tsp fennel and add 2 tsp smoked paprika. Allow chicken to cook through before adding the sauce.
No gluten option - bread is replaced with GF bread
Diced chorizo, 1 packet (200g)
Baby fennel, 1
Tomato sugo, 1 jar (500g)
Feta cheese, 1/2 packet *
Sunflower sprouts, 1 punnet
Free-range eggs, 6-pack
Five seed loaf, 1
Chives, 1/3 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, dried oregano, vinegar (of choice)