Scrub and quarter Jerusalem artichokes. Toss on lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper.
2. Toss drained chickpeas with 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1/2 tbsp oil. Add to oven tray. Roast for 20-25 minutes until Jerusalem artichokes are golden and cooked through.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Trim and halve beans. Add to saucepan to blanch for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Finely slice chives. Roughly chop drained artichokes. Set aside with rocket leaves.
5. Whisk together 1 tsp dijon mustard, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss roasted Jerusalem artichokes and chickpeas, beans and fresh components together with the dressing. Roughly chop hazelnuts and scatter over top. Divide among plates to serve.
Rinsing the beans in cold water after blanching will keep them from over cooking and help them retain a nice crunch!
If you have time, allow the Jerusalem artichokes to cool slightly before tossing. Otherwise, you can toss them with the beans and dressing first and then the rocket to avoid the leaves from wilting.
Greens beans 1/2 punnet (125g)
chives 1/2 bunch
Artichokes 1 tub (160g)
Rocket leaves 1/2 bag (100g)
Roasted Hazelnuts 1 packet (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, smoked paprika, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard