2. Heat a second frypan over medium-high heat. Halve chicken lengthways. Coat with 1 tsp Italian herbs, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes turning until cooked through.
3. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Dice and add onion as you go. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
4. Add crushed garlic, tinned and fresh tomatoes. Stir in 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional) and 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Slice cooked chicken and place in serving dish. Pour over arrabiata sauce. Top with rocket leaves, drizzle over balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
6. Serve chicken and vegetable hash at the table.
The vegetables can also be diced and roasted in the oven instead.
You could also use maple syrup or honey to sweeten the sauce. If you don’t have dried Italian herbs you could use dried oregano instead.
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Chicken breast fillets, 600g
Brown onion, 1
Garlic, 2 cloves
Tinned cherry tomatoes, 400g
Cherry tomatoes, 1 bag (200g)
Rocket leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, dried Italian herbs, chilli flakes (optional), sugar (of choice)