2. Melt 40g butter in a small pan. Crush flaked almond mixture slightly and grate lemon zest to yield 1 tsp. Combine all together and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place fish fillets on a lined baking tray and top with crumb. Add potatoes to the tray and roast in oven for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and fish is cooked through.
4. Finely chop shallot, cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes. Toss in a bowl with juice from 1/4 lemon and 1 tbsp olive oil. * halve or quarter shallot to roast in the oven if too strong for kids.
5. Chop basil leaves. Stir through crushed garlic (optional) and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste. *swap half mayonnaise for natural yoghurt if you prefer!
6. Serve fish with roast potatoes, salsa and basil mayo. Cut remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.
Tip! Leave the vegetables for the salsa chunky or in strips for kids if preferred! Omit shallot if preferred.
Gluten free option - replacement is flaked almonds
No fish option - replacement is chicken breast fillet. Slice chicken breast fillet in half horizontally to form 4 schnitzels. Top with almond crumb as per method. Cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through (potatoes can stay in oven longer if needed).
rosemary 1 sprig
almond + breadcrumb mix 100g
white fish fillets 2 packets
continental cucumber 1/2
yellow capsicum 1/2
basil 1/2 packet
garlic (optional) 1/2 clove
mayonnaise 1/2 cup
From your pantry: oil, salt & pepper