2. Remove almonds from packet and roughly chop. Toast in a dry frypan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until golden. Set aside, keep pan on heat.
3. Thinly slice onion. Add to pan as you go along with 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar. Leave to cook for 8-10 minutes until softened. Remove from pan.
4. Whisk together 2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. Roughly chop dates (see notes) and mint leaves. Slice cucumber. Toss all together with beetroot, spinach, almonds, onion and dressing.
6. Divide salad and chicken among plates. Crumble over feta cheese.
Slashing the chicken will increase the surface area for the marinade as well as speed up the cooking time.
Soak the dates in the dressing after chopping to prevent them from sticking together.
DATE/ALMOND MIX, 1 packet (150g)
RED ONION, 1/2 *
MINT, 1/2 bunch *
CONTINENTAL CUCUMBER, 1/2 *
SHREDDED BEETROOT, 1 bag (200g)
BABY SPINACH, 1/2 bag (100g) *
DANISH FETA, 1 block
FROM YOUR PANTRY
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, allspice, cumin seeds