2. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add diced chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium, chop and add onion, garlic and coriander stems (reserve leaves). Chop (or crush) half the peanuts and add to pan along with 2 tsp cumin and 1 tbsp tomato paste. Cook for 3 minutes, or until softened.
4. Add diced pumpkin and stir well to coat. Pour in coconut milk and crushed tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 7-8 minutes.
5. Trim and cut broccolini into 3cm lengths. Add to curry and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve curry over rice, garnish with reserved coriander leaves and remaining peanuts (chopped or crushed).
If you prefer, you can trim and add broccolini on top of the rice to steam when there is 3 minutes remaining of the cooking time.
If you don’t appreciate coriander, perhaps try adding some lime juice or zest instead to still give it the punch of flavour!
Diced chicken thigh fillets 600g
brown onion 1
garlic 2 cloves
coriander 1/2 packet
tomato paste 1 tbsp
diced pumpkin 1/2 bag (400g)
coconut milk 400g
crushed tomatoes 400g
broccolini 1 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground cumin